Living on a Microscope Slide

Politicians live on a microscope slide.  The higher their profile, the higher the magnification.  For example, every time Joe Biden opens his mouth, we get to read about any misspoken word.  Here is the Wall Street Journal's latest summary of Candidate Biden's gaffs over the last few days. 

That is a very high standard to live up to.  We all make mistakes.  Making a mistake should not overshadow everything else you do. 

Of course, not everyone is affected.  President Trump produces a constant stream of half-truths and questionable policies and positions.  The media piles on him too, without effect.  I wish I understood that phenomena better.

BTW, I'm not planning to vote for Candidate Biden because I have concerns about his mental acuity.  I just find the media machine to be shockingly self-righteous, opinionated, and out of balance. 

It's good to be able to add my two cents.  😇



Comments